Licensing My Photos
If you’d like to use any of my free travel photos for your own project and/or business, you able to as long as you follow my licensing requirements.
My photos are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license.
This means that you are allowed to use my photos in two different ways:
1. Creative Commons License
You are free to:
- Share – copy and redistribute the photos in any medium or format
- Adapt – edit, transform, and build upon the photos
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution – You must credit Jacob Laboissonniere and include a link back to On The Way Around along with the image.
- Non-Commercial – The photo must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
Here’s an HTML code snippet for providing credit to On The Way Around if you decide to use any of my photos.
<a href="https://onthewayaround.com/" target="_blank">Photos by Jacob Laboissonniere</a>
Sample Non-Commercial Uses
- Blog posts about travel
- Poster with the purpose to share
- School project
- Desktop background
2. License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of the photos is allowed only if expressly granted by Jacob Laboissonniere. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – ¼ page, ½ page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquires should be sent to [email protected]
Sample Use Requiring A License To Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for-profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture